Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008
The Kung Fu Carvers

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sybil

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up watching "Sybil". Now Sybil is one of those movies that I've always wanted to watch but just never got around to. I just happen to wake up during a scene where Sybil (Sally Fields) has been hypnotized by her therapist and is remembering her mother torturing her first in the house then the barn (yanking her up to the second floor of the barn on a hook with her hands tied). I was instantly sick to my stomach and watched the scene play out like some violent train wreck. I thought to change the channel but left it alone. What a draining movie! I honestly don't know if I could sit through the whole thing. Or at least sit through it without feeling like I just ran a marathon. It breaks my heart knowing that there are people in the world who treat their children like that.

No comments: