Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008
The Kung Fu Carvers

Monday, July 24, 2006

Doesn't that just figure

When my daughter was very young (she's only 2 mind you) I decided that I was going to paint her room with cute little bugs and flowers and make her a "things with wings" themed bedroom. So I went out and bought wallpaper flowers and tons of rubber stamps and cute little paint kits to decorate her room with. I have ladybugs, bees, dragonflies and other assorted little buggies all set to go.
So what is the problem you ask? SHE'S AFRAID OF BUGS! Her daycare had a temporary bug problem this past semester and whenever the kids saw bugs on the floor they'd scream and started stomping. I found this out the day I like to refer to as the Great Rollie Pollie Slaughter of 2006. Hundreds of rollie pollies decided to congregate by the front door. *cue "Isn't it ironic" by Alanis Morrisette* Those bugs crawled from all their little homes in our big front yard. Who knows how long it took them(hours, days) but they arrived for their family reunion by my front door only to be greeted by a high pitched "BUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!" and then their brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles were wiped out with a pink Stride Rite sandal.

While trying to explain to her that Rollie Pollies were "good bugs" she was all squatted down looking at her devestation. For a brief moment I thought maybe she was feeling remorseful but it became apparent that she was looking for survivors.

So maybe I will go with a Princess themed room. Any suggestions?

No comments: